【Solid Solution treatment】refers to the heat treatment process in which the alloy is heated to a high-temperature single-phase region and maintained at a constant temperature so that the excess phase is fully dissolved into the solid solution and then rapidly cooled to obtain a supersaturated solid solution.
1. It is mainly to improve the plasticity and toughness of steel and alloys and prepare for precipitation hardening treatment.
2. Make the structure and composition of stainless steel uniform: At high temperatures, the atomic activity intensifies, the σ phase dissolves, the chemical composition tends to be uniform, and a uniform single-phase structure is obtained after rapid cooling.
3. Fully dissolve various phases in the alloy, strengthen the solid solution, improve toughness and corrosion resistance, eliminate stress and soften, so as to continue processing or forming.
4. Eliminate work hardening to facilitate continued cold working. Through solution treatment, the distorted crystal lattice recovers, the elongated and broken grains recrystallize, and the internal stress is relieved.
5. Restore the inherent corrosion resistance of stainless steel. Due to the precipitation of carbides and lattice defects caused by cold working, the corrosion resistance of stainless steel is reduced. After solution treatment, the corrosion resistance of stainless steel returns to a good state.